2/22/10

There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't.

Tuesday through Friday Noah attends the developmental preschool down the street. At about 8:20 he hops on the bus (which makes me feel lazy because it's literally maybe a 10 minute walk down the street with him). But at his conference the ladies all suggested we let him ride the bus and it would be a good expierence for him. And boy was it. All he talks about is Bob the bus driver. Bob this. Bob that. I find myself saying 'What about BOB?!?!?'

We are finally getting a schedule down but lately he's been telling me 'No school'. Ahhhh those dreaded words! So I started promising him fun activities when he gets home from school. I'm afraid I may run out soon. But either way school is helping him so much with his speech. He just jabbers to me although I have no idea what he is saying at times I know he is at least trying and that makes me so happy!

Be sure to write down everything your child can do. Whether it be gross, fine motor, or speech whatever it doesn't really matter! What matters is you let you doctor know when you have their 'Well child check ups'. If I hadn't then I would have probably never had all the help and support I needed to get him on track. And believe me it doesn't make you a bad parent. I'm a stay at home mom and I've beat myself up time and time again. But it's all when your child is ready(in our case) and their is nothing wrong with your child either(even if they do have a problem they are still so special and cherish every little milestone). It's just life! Some kids and parents need more help than others. If you child does need help find out if your state has an early intervention program. In Ohio it was free for us but in Indiana there is a sliding fee scale based on income. It's seriously been the best thing for Noah and I.

No comments: